Monday, January 18, 2010

"We judge ourselves by what we feel capable of doing, while others judge us by what we have already done." - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


That is my quote of the day today on Facebook. It reminds me of an issue that I've seen plaguing a lot of people, just in my own observation. I hear all of the time "Oh, I'll do it when I have more money" or "I'll get to it when there's more time" or whatever else. People make excuses not to follow their dreams. Those who wait for the most opportune times to take action usually never find that time. How about this new year and new decade, instead of simply coming up with resolutions that stand a high chance of disappearing after January, make a new year commitment. Commit yourself to those things that you've always talked or thought about. After all, if you're wondering how people evaluate you, go back to the above mentioned quote, it's what you've done, not what you feel as though you're capable of doing or intentions.

I'll close this post with another quote: "The road to hell is paved with good intentions." Don't just intend, do.

No comments:

Post a Comment