Saturday, January 16, 2010

More Haiti Hoaxes

Okay, I get annoyed at these hoaxes about donating to Haiti relief, but I'm getting more annoyed when people perpetuate these e-rumors without bothering to check them out. Case in point, I see this status posted on Facebook:

"This status is being tracked, the owners of facebook have confirmed they will send $1 to the rescue fund for the Haiti earthquake disaster for everytime this is cut and paste as a status. You only have to leave it for a minimum of 1 hour. Lets all do our bit."

The internal spam flag went up so I entered the simple search terms "Facebook Haiti Donation". The first link that I got was this:

http://urbanlegends.about.com/b/2010/01/16/hoax-facebook-donates-1-per-status-update-to-haiti-relief.htm

It took me 3 seconds to do this. 3 seconds to save my friends and family from spreading ridiculous stuff. Please people, don't believe everything that people post in their statuses and forward to your email. Check it out first. Here are two awesome sites that are quite up to date on what's real and what's not.


No comments:

Post a Comment